What To Do After Surgery?
- Bite firmly on the gauze pads covering each extraction site to help stop the bleeding. We will change the gauze pads before you leave the office. You may change the gauze pads once more at home, leaving gauze in 30 additional minutes. Remember to remove gauze before eating or drinking.
- You may have difficulty feeling your lips, cheeks or tongue due to numbness. This is a temporary feeling and will wear off within 2 to 6 hours. Please take care not to bite your lips, cheeks or tongue.
- SWELLING: The surgical area will swell and may become quite large. Apply ice packs on your face 20-30 minutes at a time, near to the extraction site with gentle pressure to reduce swelling for the first 1 – 2 hours after surgery. Ice should NOT be used after the first 24 hours.
- Take pain medications as prescribed as soon as possible.
- Do not rinse or spit the day of the surgery, as this may prolong the bleeding. Avoid touching or disturbing the wound area on the day of surgery for doing so may initiate bleeding which will prolong the necessary use of the gauze pads.
- Do not take hot food or hot beverages for24 hours only. Use a spoon preferably to consume food.
- Do not use a straw for taking liquids for 1 week.
- Do not give any kind of hot pack to the extraction site externally or internally.
- Do not move your jaw excessively for 1 week. Minimal mouth opening important
- Rest is the order of the day.
- Kindly start rinsing with salt in lukewarm water
Regularly 24 Hours AFTER The Procedure.
PLEASE Do Not Smoke For 24 Hours. Smoking May Dry Out The Tissues And Delay Healing. Smoking Can Also Cause You To Bleed More And For Longer Periods Of Time.
Foods To Drink And Eat While Numb
AVOID Carbonated Beverages And Hot Liquids For 48 Hours.
Water Kichdi/ Soft-Cooked Rice And Vegetables.
Milkshake (No Straw)
- Kichdi/ Soft-cooked rice and vegetables.
- Soft Boiled or Scrambled Eggs
- Broiled Fish or Stewed Chicken
- Creamed Cereals
- Soups (be careful-not too hot) Increase Diet As Tolerated
* KINDLY NOTE: MANDATORY TO VISIT OUR OFFICE EVERY SIX MONTHS FOR REGULAR FOLLOW UPS. REQUEST FOR A MANDATORY CHECK-UP WITHIN 72 HRS AFTER TREATMENT COMPLETION *
For Any Queries Please Contact Us: +918050808811